Monday, December 3, 2012
December Gathering Holiday Party - Pot Luck Dinner and Solstice Rehearsal
Lake Katonah Clubhouse
Free to all Tribes Hill members!
The December Gathering at the Lake Katonah Clubhouse is our holiday celebration party where we can enjoy and participate in a Potluck dinner and Music.
The music circle will be a rehearsal of songs submitted for inclusion in our Winter Solstice Show and Fundraiser to be held on Sunday, 12/16/12 (see calendar and home page for details).
Let's eat, drink, make music and be merry!
Your potluck dinner contribution creates our feast; please contribute something healthy and delicious for dinner or dessert and a beverage.
We need volunteers to arrive a bit early to help set up and stay to clean up. If you can help on either or both ends, please let me know what you can do and when you can arrive; 5:30-5:45 should do it. Please e-mail Janice@HeartAndSoulMatters.com
Directions to the Lake Katonah Clubhouse, 1 Lower Lakeshore Drive:
GPS users NOTE: The address of the Clubhouse is 1 Lower Lakeshore but DO NOT USE that for your GPS. Use 93 Todd Rd., which is directly across the street and works better for GPS. Also, please note that most GPS navigation will send you a different route than the one below. If you use that, you will be on a windy dirt road for about 2 miles --- your choice.
1. Saw Mill River Parkway north to end/merge into I-684.
2. Take 684 just one exit further to Exit 6A – Goldens Bridge.
3. At end of exit ramp, turn left onto Route 22 (north).
4. Stay on 22 just a short distance to first right turn, Junction 138.
5. Turn right onto Junction 138. NOTE: The “junction” is just a very short distance in front of a plaza and commuter parking lot. Then, at light turn right again, which actually puts you onto Route 138.
6. Stay on Route 138 approximately 1.75 miles or so to Increase Miller Rd. Turn right onto Increase Miller. NOTE: The turn at Increase Miller is more like a fork than an intersection because at that spot Rt. 138 veers left. There is a little triangular garden spot in the middle of the fork. Take right fork.
7. Take Increase Miller to first right, Todd Rd. Turn right onto Todd Rd. NOTE: When you are still on 138, just before you get to Increase Miller, you will see Todd North on your right --- do not take that turn. You want Todd, not Todd North.
8. The Lake Katonah Clubhouse is on the corner of Todd Rd. and Lower Lakeshore., on the left. Lower Lakeshore is the second left turn you can make once on Todd.
If anyone is coming from a completely different direction – not via Saw Mill or 684, please call Ruth Post at (914) 844-1024 for best directions.